Monday, September 18, 2006

Citizen Clouseau


This is a bust I completed this past June. It's an Andrea resin kit painted entirely in oils. The name of the kit is "Le Sans Coulotte" which roughly translates into "He without pants." I have no idea why it's called this but oh well. This is the explanation listed on the Wikipedia website. The sans-culottes are the characters emblematic of the French revolution; it is the name which the partisans of the Revolution since 1791 give each other, mainly in Paris.
I attempted a new shading technique on the face with this figure. Normally I would have shaded with Burnt/Umber or Burnt/Sienna. This time I used Blue/Black. I was quite happy with the results. I'm not sure how this combination would work on a small scale figure such as 54mm but for a large bust like this one I'm quite satisfied. The face on this piece is one of the best I've ever painted. It has so many details sculpted into it that it was a complete joy to paint. I don't usually paint a kit more than one time but I would certainly make an exception on this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home