Saturday, September 23, 2006

WWII Encampment May, 2006

The following pics are from the WWII encampment held this past May at the Buckley Homestead in Lowell, IN. It usually takes place on the first weekend of May. I've been here before several years ago but it coincides with the MFCA show and that's where I've been going instead. I opted not to go to MFCA this year and decided to take in the reenactment. I'm glad I did. There are four camps that hold American, German, Bristish and Polish troops. I did see some Russian soldiers so there might have been five camps. They live in authentic WWII encampments and use the same gear soldiers used 60 years ago. The weather was great and provided me with ample amounts of sunshine to get some really great photos. I could only post a few here for obvious reasons. If you'd like a CD that includes all 150 photos taken at high res, 8 MP drop me a request at mailto:mrsarnowski@comcast.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home