Sunday, October 08, 2006

Third Reich in Ruins website



This website (Third Reich in Ruins) consists of many pages showing photos of locations during WWII Germany along with a matching photo of the area today. It was started by Geoff Walden whose father was stationed in Germany in 1945 and took many photographs while there. I became intrigued with this site after my first visit to Germany in 2003. Among the cities I visited were Munich, Nurenburg and Berchtesgaden where I went up to Hitlers Eagles Nest. These areas are rich in history even though Nazi party history but history nonetheless and are fascinating to me. I love history and learned quite a bit about the places I visited. This website proved very useful in my research. I recommended checking it out especially if you've traveled to Germany. You'll probably recognize locations you've been to. I've included a couple of photos that show the content of this site. The top photo is in Nurenburg and shows the level of destruction inflicted on this historic city. The bottom photo is of the 101st Airborne in Berchtesgaden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home