Friday, December 08, 2006

Pirate Figure in progress

This is my latest project. A commision piece that is an original Alan Ball sculpt. It's 75mm in scale and as usual very well done. I've always wanted to paint one of Alans figures so thats why I took this on. The photo shows the piece in it's primed stage except for the right arm which will be removed while painting the bulk of the figure. It's in the way of the face and is rather dangerous because of the brass blade. Alan also included a portion of the ship which can be seen in the background. The figure is posed holding some rigging in his left hand while stepping down some steps mounted on the ships hull. I'm not decided on the color scheme yet though I do want a dark blue coat trimmed in yellow. I think the contrast will work well with this piece.
The next step will be to undercoat the face with Testors Lt. Tan enamel applied with my airbrush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home