Friday, December 21, 2007

Mandan

I just completed this bust for a client and I have to say it was a real joy to paint. Being a Poste-Militaire piece that shouldn't be too surprising. I have yet to paint one of their figures and not enjoy doing so. Like always it was painted in acrylics (undercoat) and oils. The coat was done with Winsor/Newton Cadmium Red and highlighted with Cadmium Scarlet. Shading was done with Lamp Black. I use Lamp Black for mostly all my shadind as I like lots of contrast in my figures. The Gold was all done with printers inks. The Gold braiding and epaulets were all sprayed over with dullcote and I added touches of Gold to highlight certain areas. Flesh tones were my basic mix of Gold Ochre, Burnt Sienna and Titanium White. I added just a touch of Venetian Red to this mix to bring it to a more natural skintone for Indians from this region.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home