Saturday, December 30, 2006

Pirate Figure in progress (Oils applied)

Well, it's been a while since my last update so you'll notice a bit more progress from the last photo. I've painted the face and coat with their final colors in oils as well as the hat and coat cuffs. The sheen on the coat is evident even though the paint is dry. This is because the colors used have a tendency to dry shiny. The base color is Blue/Black mixed with Winsor Blue. This will pose no problems for me because I will apply dullcoat (airbrushed) after all the painting is completed. You'll also notice the right arm is now attached because I painted all I needed to paint before the arm was in place so I would have no obstructions. Alan Ball is an exceptional sculptor and this is evident in all the fine detail he's sculpted in. I'm referring to all the little trim pieces that surround the buttons and buttonholes. These proved to be quite time consuming but patience will reward you when they're painted with care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home